I'm a post-doctoral researcher with a wide range of interests. My career is in complex systems science (or maybe cybernetics) and the origins of life, but I also have research interests in
- the foundations of statistical mechanics and its relationship to information theory
- Earth systems science
- non-equilibrium thermodynamics in general
I'm also generally interested in the foundations of quantum mechanics and in black holes, though I wouldn't say I'm an expert on those things.
It's probably worth noting that despite the fact that my research is in physics-related areas, all my degrees are in other subjects. If I occasionally seem to start talking in an alien language, this is probably why.
Top Network Posts
- 136Why do sunbeams diverge even though the sun is much more than a few kilometers away?
- 98Is it necessary to consume energy to perform computation?
- 57What makes running so much less energy-efficient than bicycling?
- 41Rubber band stretched produces heat and when released absorbs heat.. Why?
- 37Is there a Lagrangian formulation of statistical mechanics?
- 34Why isn't temperature measured in Joules?
- 33If there were fundamental forces weaker than gravity, would we know about it?
- View more network posts →