I'm a post-doctoral researcher with a wide range of interests. My career is in complex systems science (or maybe cybernetics) and the origins of life, but I also have research interests in
- the foundations of statistical mechanics and its relationship to information theory
- Earth systems science
- non-equilibrium thermodynamics in general
I'm also generally interested in the foundations of quantum mechanics and in black holes, though I wouldn't say I'm an expert on those things.
It's probably worth noting that despite the fact that my research is in physics-related areas, all my degrees are in other subjects. If I occasionally seem to start talking in an alien language, this is probably why.
Top Network Posts
- 181Paint Starry Night, objectively, in 1kB of code
- 151Why do sunbeams diverge even though the sun is much more than a few kilometers away?
- 107Is it necessary to consume energy to perform computation?
- 58What makes running so much less energy-efficient than bicycling?
- 49What is the first instance of a person gaining powers from radiation?
- 47Rubber band stretched produces heat and when released absorbs heat.. Why?
- 45Is there a Lagrangian formulation of statistical mechanics?
- View more network posts →